Monday, August 21, 2006

My Ankle

On Saturday, August 5th, 2006, I broke my ankle playing in a football tourament. I was going for an interception and got tangled up with a kid. My leg got all twisted behind me, and I heard all kinds of cracking and popping. I knew right away that my leg was broke. An awesome friend of mine, Dorene, took me to the hospital and spent the afternoon with me there. On Monday, I went to my Orthopedic, and he gave me the bad news that I had to have surgery to repair the damage. So, on Tuesday, August 8th, I had open reduction-internal fixation surgery, where a plate and 5 screws were put into my ankle. Now I cannot bare any weight on it for 4-6 weeks, which really stinks. It looks like I will miss all of the football season this fall.

Football Tournament: $25
Receiving Touchdowns: 6
Passing Touchdowns: 2
Interceptions: 1
Broken Ankle.... Priceless


Pre-Surgery X-Ray... broken Fibula and shifted ankle :-(

Pre-Surgery swelling and discoloration

Post-Surgery X-Ray with plate and screws intact after open reduction internal fixation

Post-Surgery discoloration of the toes

Post-op leg


Difference between my legs :-(

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My gosh! I was starting to think that you were never going to update this thing! Haha! Hope you're feeling well!

By the way, here's the link to my Blog. http://theblackfamily20.blogspot.com/

Thanks for inspiring me!